Inground pool liners are built to be sturdy and long-lasting. Pool liners have to hold thousands of gallons of chemically treated water day in and day out. However, conditions and events can speed up the aging process of your liner. Here are a few conditions that will affect your pool liner:
- The harsh UV rays can take a toll on your pool liner. It makes the portion that remains above the water brittle and weak.
- Cleaning your pool is necessary, but too much bleach can eventually start to wear away the liner.
- Stormy Weather
- Weather affects your pool when tree limbs and debris fall in.
- Expansion & Contraction
- Over the years, the heat and cold expand and contract. The changing of seasons can create weak spots.
- In-ground pool liners can become brittle over time and stretched from holding waters. The lifespan of pool liners is 5-9 years.
Normal evaporation can lower a pool’s water level by ¼ to ½ an inch per week. Warm air, dry conditions, and extreme heat from the sun can increase evaporation. However, if you’ve noticed that your water level continues to drop by an inch or more, it could be a leak.
Patching the leak can last you for a while, but you will eventually have to replace the liner in order to prevent damage to the underlying structure of your pool, your deck, and your yard.
Vinyl Liner Replacement
If you’re considering a new vinyl liner for your in-ground pool, let Rising Sun Pools help with this transition. With over 45 years of experience, Rising Sun Pools specializes in making vinyl in-ground liner replacements as painless as possible.
Vinyl in-ground liner replacement includes the following:
- Replacement of faceplates, screws, and gaskets on the returns, main drain, and skimmers
- New directional eyes for each return
- A new safety rope float
- New “No Diving” stickers
- Re-Trowel the bottom to smooth out any rough spots or wash-outs
- Prepare the steel walls by cleaning, scraping and painting over any rust spots; remove the old liner and discard
- 1 year warranty on workmanship upon completion of the liner job
- 5 year manufacturer’s defect warranty covering up to $1200 in water, labor and chemicals for a full 5 YEARS! It’s the best warranty in the state!
Contact us today to request a quote – all quotes are based on the features of your individual pool so please be ready with:
- Size and shape dimensions
- Step type (plastic or vinyl)
Call us at 919-851-9700 and let one of our pool specialists help you find the perfect liner to bring your project together!