Pool parties are a staple of summer fun. They offer a fun way to stay cool during the hottest stretch of the year and provide a great opportunity for spending time with friends and family. Whether you’re planning to celebrate a special day or you just want to throw a party, a little preparation can help ensure it’s a success.
- Think about how many people can comfortably fit in the pool area and start making a list of who you’re going to invite. Once you’ve finalized the guest list, it’s time to send an invitation! An email or electronic invite is a great option for a casual pool party.
- Before the party, stock up on several bottles of sunscreen and a few pairs of cheap sunglasses that guests can use if they forgot their own. Also, be sure to have plenty of extra towels on hand for the day of the party.
- Keep a first aid kit in an easy-to-reach area so you will be prepared in the event of an emergency.
- If there will be kids at the party, designate one or two adults to watch the children at all times. This should be their only job and they should be free of distractions.
- Keep a rescue float near the pool that can be used if needed.
Food and Drinks
- Decide how much food you’re going to be serving before you send the invites so guests will know what to expect.
- Finger foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, popsicles, chips and dip and finger sandwiches are perfect to snack on during a day of swimming.
- If you’re planning to serve a meal instead of just snacks, use your outdoor kitchen to grill up burgers, chicken, vegetables and hot dogs and set up a condiment table for guests.
- Need some recipe ideas? Check out our grilling and drink recipe posts!
- When spending a day outside, it can be easy to become dehydrated. Keep plenty of water available and encourage people to stay hydrated. Use only plastic cups instead of glass to prevent broken glass around the pool area.
- Music is a must for any pool party! Create a playlist specifically for the party, or use a pre-made list that everyone will enjoy.
- Have a variety of pool floats that guests can choose from and have diving sticks available for fun contests.
- Adults might enjoy playing pool volleyball, while kids will love playing classic pool games like Marco Polo.
Ready to throw your pool party? Stop by any of our locations to get the supplies you need to make your party a success!