While pool costs vary on elements such as size additions, water features, enclosures, and deck and patio design, you must also consider factors such as quality of workmanship and design, strength, ease of maintenance, warranty and service. The size, shape and materials will also make a big difference. That being said, an above ground pool can be purchased and installed for around $2-8,000. If that’s in your budget then you’re in the right spot, see below for all the information you’ll need to choose the above ground pool of your dreams.
Planning is the most important part of any pool project: swimming pools vary in size, but it’s important that the size of your yard meets the requirements for your pool design. This saves many headaches later on.
Pool placement is also important. Sunny areas will help keep your pool water warm, but you’ll want to keep the pool away from windy areas, as wind blowing over a pool can greatly increase evaporation. As a general rule, pools should be 8-10′ from trees.
Make sure that the pool is easy to access and see from your house and think through walkways, patios and decks you may need or want to add. Also consider decks, patios, slides and spas and build in extra room.
One final check before visiting your local pool builder is HOA and town regulations. Do you have permission to build a pool? Are there any zoning regulations? Don’t develop too far until you know all the laws in your area.
*Please note that aboveground pool permitting is the responsibility of the homeowner.
Today’s pools feature sophisticated engineering and ultra-durable materials. Usually a vinyl linking is laid over a supporting structure made of steel, aluminum, wood or resin. Resin offers advantages over other types of materials in that it does not get hot or rust and corrode like steel or aluminum and requires little maintenance.
Injection molded resin results in strong and maintenance free pool components:
- Permits the flexibility to curve forms reinforced with diagonal ribbing
- Reinforces the components and curves top seats for a truly round top seat
- Enables a sturdy snap-on process eliminating most of the hardware for reduced assembly time and effort
- Ensures maximum resistance while offering much more lightness and rigidity than steel
- Retains little air for even consistency and strength throughout
- Permits texturing arching and detailing for superior quality and style
If you are looking to use a salt system, you cannot have a steel pool. You will have to buy a resin pool.
Above ground pool installations have a number of steps and should be completed by a trained professional. When Rising Sun Pools installs above ground models we:
- Level the Ground – it is very important that the ground surface for your pool is firm and solid. The pool area must be free of rocks, roots or other sharp edged objects. Rising Sun Pools will level the ground up to 20” for no charge.
- Place Patio blocks under all uprights
- Sand Bottom Base
- Bond Pool Wall
- Install filter system and assemble ladder
- Removal of all trash from worksite
Rising Sun Pool’s above ground installations do NOT include:
- Water to Fill
- Backfilling, Landscaping or Drainage
- Tree or stump removal
- Dirt removal from pool site
- Electrical work
- Installation of ladder – Rising Sun Pools will not put the ladder inside the pool. You will need to do this once proper safety fences and gates have been installed.
Be sure to call NO CUTS at 800-632-4949 before starting your project to ensure no underground wires or gas lines will be damaged by our digging.
After you have chosen the components for you pool, you must select the equipment that keeps your water clean. Hayward offers filtration systems that help you spend more time enjoying your pool and less time maintaining it. Pumps and filters work together to ensure that water circulates properly and that you are able to get the most out of your pool investment.
Pumps – the heart of your pool system, pumps create a vacuum which pulls water from the pool through an automatic skimmer and then on a journey through a filter and other accessories such as a heater, chlorinator and cleaner before returning to the pool. Most pumps are quiet and will help you keep your pool immaculately clean. Rising Sun Pools offers the Power-Flo Matrix® pump for above ground pools. A 2-speed pump upgrade is also available.
Filters – help keep your pool clean by catching any undesirable grass, twigs and other debris. Rising Sun Pools offers the Pro Series Top Mount sand filter for above ground pools which offers superior control over your filter settings.
Rising Sun Pools offers an extended premium warranty coverage for aboveground pools. This new 3-year full Premium Coverage is the most complete protection and service avaliable anywhere. This exclusive offer covers water, labor, etc. on both the liner and also on the pool kit! These warranties cover anything from liner defects to pool kit defects such as rusting walls, offering our new aboveground pool customers peace of mind when purchasing their pool*.
*Please note that the Liner Defect Reimbursement is up to $500 and the Pool Kit Defect Reimbursement is up to $750.