So you’ve decided that it’s time to take the plunge with your very own in-ground swimming pool. But the question is: What type of pool to choose? You’re probably aware that there are three major types of in-ground pools — vinyl, fiberglass and concrete. But without the help of a professional, it may be hard to decide which type is right for your needs. That’s where we come in!
At Rising Sun, we install two types of in-ground pools: Vinyl and fiberglass. Why not concrete? As the pool industry evolves, there have been many advancements in the art and science of pool building — and we believe concrete pools simply can’t match the advantages of vinyl or fiberglass.
Here are just a few reasons why we choose not to install concrete pools:
- Surface – Concrete pools have a rough, uncomfortable surface that isn’t swimmer-friendly. Plus, the concrete pool surface only gets rougher with time. Vinyl and fiberglass pools, however, have a smooth, safe surface — no more scrapes or snags!
- Maintenance – Concrete pools require expensive resurfacing every 7 to 10 years (and in some cases, more frequently). Unlike concrete pools, fiberglass pools never need to be resurfaced. While vinyl pools may require liner replacement once and awhile, the cost is significantly lower than concrete pool resurfacing. Plus, vinyl and fiberglass pool surfaces are resistant to algae, making them lower-maintenance than algae-prone concrete.
- Strength – Our vinyl in-ground pools are just as strong as concrete — and our fiberglass pools are even stronger (it even strengthens with age!). Both are backed by Rising Sun’s lifetime warranty and offer advantages that concrete just can’t match.
- Cost – Did you know that vinyl pools cost up to 50 percent less than concrete pools? And fiberglass pools, while comparable in initial cost to concrete pools, have significantly lower maintenance costs over their lifetimes.
- Beauty – With the myriad of colors and styles of vinyl pool liners and fiberglass pool shells, you can create a backyard oasis that complements your personal style — an option that’s simply not available with concrete.
- Efficiency – Rising Sun’s vinyl and fiberglass pool installations take only days or weeks to complete — not months, like many concrete swimming pools.
To learn more about the advantages of vinyl and fiberglass pools, contact a Rising Sun Pools professional today!