One of the most frequent questions we get in the shop is “Should I get an aboveground Pool or an inground Pool?” The simple answer is that there isn’t a simple answer. Many factors go into choosing the perfect pool for your backyard. There are, however, 5 questions you should ask yourself to make the decision a little easier:
- What is my Budget? Aboveground pools cost between $2,000-$8,000 to build. Depending on the materials you choose an inground pool can cost anywhere from $25,000 to $60,000. If an inground pool isn’t in your budget, it is easy to choose an aboveground pool. You can read more about the cost of individual pools here.
- What are my city regulations? Every city has its own ordinances about how and where its citizens are able to build a pool. There are also specific ordinances about which types of projects need permitting. For example, did you know that the building permit for an aboveground pool is always the responsibility of the homeowner? Once you decide to build a pool Rising Sun Pools can help walk you through these regulations. We have collected some triangle city ordinances here.
- What are my HOA regulations? Similar to city regulations, many Homeowner’s Associations(HOA) have specific rules for pools and other structures built around the home. Be sure to check with your HOA before considering a project to avoid fines and other headaches.
- What is your time frame? Aboveground pools can scheduled for construction and built fairly quickly. Inground pools, however, can take weeks of planning, permitting and construction. Deciding when you want to use your pool can help you make a decision about the type of pool you need.
- How much control do you want? A major downside to aboveground pools is the lack of control during the design. While there are decks and other add-ons that work with our aboveground pool models, you will never have the kind of landscaping options that come with an inground pool. Taking the time early in the pool buying process to decide what you would like the ascetic of your yard to be is a great way to avoid being disappointed by the look later.
Rising Sun Pools understands that perspective pool buyers have many questions regarding the pool buying process, and how to choose the perfect pool for yard. If you have questions about pool buying, or are ready to start the process, request a quote using the form to the left or give us a call: (919) 851-9700