Spring is just around the corner, and here at Rising Sun Pools that means we’re starting to think about pool opening season! We recommend using our pool opening service to let us handle all the work so you can focus on simply enjoying your pool.
If you plan to open your pool yourself, however, here are some tips to follow to make the process as smooth as possible.
- Clean up your deck area by removing leaves, dirt and other debris that may have accumulated.
- Inspect the caulking to see if there are cracks or tears that need to be repaired.
- Remove any weeds that have sprouted up.
- Look for damage on ladders and handrails and treat them to help prevent corrosion.
- Rinse off patio furniture.
- Remove water from solid covers using an automatic cover pump.
- If you have a Loop-Loc cover, follow their cover care instructions.
- Remove any leaves and dirt that have piled up.
- Carefully inspect the cover for holes and tears.
- Remember not to remove your cover until all standing water on top of it has been removed.
- Turn all equipment back on and let it run for 24 hours before testing the water.
- Use testing strips to test the water chemistry, using water from the deepest part of the pool, if possible.
- Alternatively, you can use our Drop and Go water testing service for a full analysis.
- After your water has been tested, make the necessary adjustments for proper water balance.
- This is a good time to go through your pool toys and accessories, getting rid of broken toys and cleaning them as needed to prepare for the upcoming swim season.
- Go through all of your existing bottles of chemicals and throw out bottles that are outdated. Be sure to dispose of these chemicals according to the manufacturer’s instructions on the bottle to ensure that you are doing so in a safe manner.
Please contact us at 919-851-9700 with any questions, or schedule our pool opening services and let us take care of the work for you!